Monday, September 1, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 1 - Day 1

Reading Esther 1:1-4

S: Matthew 6:19-21"Don't store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.  Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.  Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

O:  Store your treasures in heaven.  Your heart will also be.

A:  It is so hard to go against the world.  People want things and more things and people think things make you happy and sometimes they do.  And when we let that happen, satan uses those moments to lure us in.  He makes 'things' look so good to us and we want more and more.  I love being in the word and hearing God speak to me and tell me that this world is not my home and that nothing here will make me happy.  The only thing worth striving for is heaven and sharing as much as possible with others about Jesus and his love for us that they will want to be there, too.

P:  Father, forgive me for loving things of this world and wanting to store things up here.  Nothing on this earth will ever fulfill the desires of my heart as much as you.  Present to me the opportunities of this day to share your love and goodwill to those I come in contact with.  Help me to be a witness for your kingdom so they will want a life in eternity with you.  I ask these things in your Son's precious name.  ~Amen

Please pray for our living arrangements.  I know God has a plan.  I need to trust His plan and stop beating myself up.   I have some dark thoughts going on inside myself and I don't like where these thoughts take me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment