Monday, September 22, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 4 - Day 1

Reading Esther 4:1-3

S: Psalms 51:17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God. 

O:  Broken spirit. God will not reject. 

A:  Praise God. When I lost my sister nearly four years ago, I was so broken and so angry. While I am still broken and angry at times, I praise God for his mercy and forgiveness. And even though I still do not understand why, I am so grateful to have a closer walk with him because of this trial. I may have shared this before, but my favorite verse that helped me heal tremendously is:

1Peter 5:10 In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory be means of Christ Jesus. So that after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. All glory to him forever! Amen. 

P:  Father I know trials come in this life and they are hard to bear. And even though I may not praise you at the time of the struggle, even though I should, I praise you for making me stronger and bringing me closer to you. Thank you for letting me know that it is all for your glory. Thank you for calling me yours. Thank you for always loving me in spite of my anger. Thank you for hearing my cries. Thank you for holding me and never letting go. In Jesus precious name. ~Amen

My prayer request this week is that we all take a look at the challenge placed before us by Whitney with LGG. Take the challenge right where you are. There is not one of us who is not given the opportunity to be used by God even in the smallest places. For me, this week I am going to challenge myself with my husband and daughter. We have been in a negative space lately. Even if it is to only pray or zip my lip, I am challenging myself to bring a positive influence and bring honor and glory to God right here in our home. We all are given many opportunities each day to make a change. My prayer request is for us to recognize the opportunities and go for it!  Bring honor and glory to God our Father in the moment. Be used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment