Thursday, August 7, 2014

GMG ~ Interim Study - Ecclesiastes

Reading Ecclesiastes 5:12-20

S:  Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 NIV This is what I have observed to be good:  that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them - for this is their lot.  Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil - this is a gift of God.  They seldom reflect on the days of their life, because God keeps them occupied with gladness of heart.

O:  Eat, drink and be satisfied with your work.  God gives us the gifts we need.  Be happy and content.  Stay busy doing the work we are called to do and be happy to do it. 

A:  I feel like all I do sometimes is grumble grumble grumble, although I always SAY my motto is to move forward, we can't change the passed.  I need to constantly remind myself what I am here for.  If it isn't for Christ, I am nothing and have nothing.  God sustains me every day.  He feeds my soul and body.  If I reflect on what he gives me in my labor, I will be glad and content and so occupied I won't have time for the grumbling.  Ahhhhhh!!

P:  Father, I praise you for these words.  You are feeding my soul and I love you so much for giving me the food I need in your word.  Forgive me for my grumbling.  I don't deserve the gifts you provide for me, but you provide anyway, abundantly!!  Thank you.  ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment