Friday, September 5, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 1 - Day 5

Reading Esther 1:19-21

S: Ephesians 5:33 So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

O:  Love her as he loves himself.  Respect her husband.

A:  This is so interesting because I was thinking, 'well what if your husband isn't a spiritual leader and you aren't sure that his motives are of the Lord?'  I am not saying that my husband isn't a wonderful man and that he cares and provides for me, but I wonder if he loves me in the way God would have him love me.  Then I asked myself, do I love and respect him the way the Lord would have me love and respect him?  Just questioning that tells me that I don't.  I need to remember who is in control.  It is not my husband, it is God.  He loves me.  He cares for me and He provides for me.  He gave this man as my husband and who am I to question or disrespect my husband when this is God's command of me. 

I love how Jen puts it:

You can rest assured that whatever is happening in your life, God is already at work putting the pieces together. ~Jen Thorn

Isn't is a wonderfully peaceful feeling knowing who holds you in the palm of His hand, putting your puzzle together?  I love the song by Casting Crowns - Already There.  He is at the end of my life waiting for me, waiting to show me the completed masterpiece of my life, ready to say, 'See I planned this out all for you'.

P:  Father, thank you.  Thank you for planning out my life perfectly.  Thank you for giving me a wonderful man to care for me and love me.  Guide my steps in respecting this man and hold him in your hand and give him what he needs to provide for our family.  I pray that you bring him unto you, that he would want to know you and love you like I do.  Help me to be your witness to him by respecting and loving him how you would have me love and respect him.  In Jesus' precious name, I pray.  ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment