Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 1 - Day 3

Reading Esther 1:9-12

S:  Proverbs 12:16  A fool is quick-tempered, but a wise person stays calm when insulted.

O: Fool=quick tempered  Wise=calm

A:  Oh how often I am so quick to say and do things.  I don't take the time to stop and think things through and consider all aspects of the situation.  Yet I think of the times when I am calm and wait and realize what I was overlooking in being quick tempered.  One of the things I continually need to gain from my time with God and his word is to stop and wait and listen to what he has to say to me.  There are times when I don't want to hear his voice because I am a selfish child and want what I want when I want it.

P:  Father help me to stay calm.  Help me to hear your wisdom.  Let me not be quick tempered.  Being quick tempered causes hurt and steals joy.  I want to share you and your love with others and staying calm and sharing your word is the best way to do just that.  Put your word in my heart and mind that I would always be mindful of you and what you would do in any situation.  I don't want to be a fool. ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment