Monday, September 8, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 2 - Day 1

Reading Esther 2:1-4

S:   Ephesians 5:15 So be careful how you live.  Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise.

O:  Be careful.  Be wise.

A:  I was sitting here thinking about those young women the king's attendants set out to find.  I was thinking how vulnerable these girls were.  How exciting to be sought after and pampered in the event they were chosen for Xerxes' next queen.  What a way to lure someone in to the snare.  How easy that is for us today.  We are lured in by many deceiving things of this world.  Satan uses all kinds of lures.  I fall for them all the time.  I need to be very careful how I live and not fall for the tricks he has up his sleeves.  I want to follow God's plan and live a wise life.

P:  Father, I ask that you bind satan from my life and the lives of these women.  Don't let us be fooled by satan's lies.  Let us be fools for you, Lord.  Give us the discernment to know the difference between a lure to follow the ways of this world and what you would have us do to please you and your will.  Be with each of us this week as we study your word.  ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment