Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 2 - Day 2

Reading Esther 2:5-7

S:  James 1:26-27 MSG Anyone who sets himself up as "religious" by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world.

O:  I love how the Message puts it. Very blunt. Just words. Hot air.  Be real. Love the homeless and loveless. 

A:  I want to be like Mordecai. He took in this poor child, an orphan. Working from home has not been a good thing for me. I love people. I miss being engaged with people. But even when I am out amongst the people am I doing what is asked of me to love the loveless?  Really reaching out to help those in need?  I need to come out of this funk I am in and embrace our new home city and get involved in a church and our community. 

P:  Father, you know my heart. You know where I am. You know that I have been avoiding church and people. I feeling your nudging and I have blatantly ignored your calling me out. Forgive me. Give me opprtunities to engage. To love. To help. I ask this in Jesus precious name. ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment