Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 1 - Day 2

Reading Esther 1:5-8

S:  Matthew 4:8-9 Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.  "I will give it all to you," he said, "if you will kneel down and worship me."

O: Peak of a very high mountain. Temptation.

A:  I find it interesting how he took him to the place with the best view to see all  that he could see.  So much temptation.  Everything looks so good to us in this world.  We think we can have it all.  I need to fix my eyes on things of heaven.  Look up.  Satan uses our weaknesses to lure us in and make us bow down to him and the stuff, the junk, the unimportant, the things that don't matter.  I am so guilty of worshiping the unimportant things.  If I stop and think of what Jesus has done for me and place my hope in Him and Him alone, I will have all the riches I will ever need.  All my needs and so much more are provided for me and yet I still complain. 

P:  Father forgive me for falling into the trap of temptation, daily.  Thank you for providing for more than my needs.  You know my heart and still take care of me.  It sickens me to think of how ungrateful I am.  I have no right to complain at all.  When I think of what you did for me, it brings me to my knees to think of uttering even one word in complaint of anything.  Thank you for loving me in spite of myself.  ~Amen.

Thankful Tuesday:  I am thankful for all he has provided and more.  I am thankful for forgiveness and mercy.  Thankful for being able to share my heart with this group and being loved and prayed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment