Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 3 - Day 2

Reading: Esther 3:5-6

S:  Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall. 
The Message puts it this way:  First pride, then the crash - the bigger the ego,the harder the fall

O:  Pride. Destruction. Fall. 

A:  That's putting it bluntly. If I would only start each day, each moment with the words, 'I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength' instead of 'I can do this on my own.  I don't need any help'. That's pride and I do it all the time. And I crash hard, all the time. 

P:  Father, you know me and know my heart. While I am a good person, you know I am hard headed and want to take the credit for things. I am especially feeling the sting of these words today as I have been preparing my resume.  Thank YOU for giving me the skills I have. Thank YOU for the ability to get things done. Thank YOU!!  It's all because of YOU, not me. I love you Lord. ~Amen

TT: I am thankful for time with my daughter and listening to her tell me of her day and making wedding plans and buying a house and her dreams for her future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment