Saturday, February 22, 2014

GMG Week Five ~ Focused Questions

1.)  When we think of "superheroes" from our childhood-even they have a sidekick!  Do you seek to walk your path alone, or do you search out others to walk alongside of you, as we see in this verse, to give us strength and accountability?

Yes, I do seek out a sidekick at times but mostly walk alone.  People can let you down, but God never does.  We do need others though to keep us accountable and to sharpen us.  I need to try harder to cultivate good and Godly friendships.

2.)  Compare John 15:9-17 with 1Peter 4:7-8.  We should be living expectantly-Jesus is coming!  This means continually growing in our love for God and for others.  Your stuff won't matter-but people do.  The souls of our loved ones last eternally.  How are you reaching out and sharing God's grace, love and mercy INTENTIONALLY this year?

This is God's command to LOVE ON ANOTHER.  What a better witness than to show love without judgement or conviction.  I am trying to be this kind of person.  Loving everyone is a challenge.  I try to ask myself when faced with a difficult situation or person, 'This person is loved by the same God who loves me.  Why should I not love them?'  Now that doesn't mean I ALWAYS do this and this is where I fail in my flesh.  I know I need to try harder and be a friend at all times.  He loves me in my filthiness.

~Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment