Tuesday, February 18, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 5 Day 2

John 15:12-13

S:  This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.  There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.

O:  Love each other as Jesus loves. That is a BIG command!

A:  I find it interesting this is the verse for today after what I've experienced these passed two days. I am usually the friend lending a hand and pitching in when needed. But the love expressed to me over this experience has been amazing and makes me question if I REALLY am the friend who would lay down my life for someone. A friend willing to leave work and be docked pay. Miss time at home with her two small girls. Eat dinner in an ER. Keep up on my care with the nurses and doctors who work here. That is love. A friend who has worked more than four, twelve hour days and stops what she is doing to come be with me. That is love. I can only hope to be half of the friend these ladies have been to me.   That goes without mentioning my family members who were here and other friends and co-workers checking on me. I am so loved. I hope I love as they love me. 

P:  Father, thank you for the love I have felt through this experience. Thank you for revealing this to me in a way I did not expect. Thank you for showing me what true love through a friend is. Help me to love and show love in the way I have felt the passed two days. In Jesus' name. 

~Amen

Thank you for the prayers. Hopefully will be home soon. 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment