Friday, February 7, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 3 Day 5

Colossians 3:2

S:  1-2 So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it.  Pursue the things over which Christ presides.  Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you.  Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ -- that's where the action is.  See things from his perspective.

O:   Above-Heaven  Minds-Affections  Above/Below  'That's where the action is'

A:  When I read this verse in the Message it made me smile.  Heaven is where the action is.  Oh, there is action here on earth.  Action that is sad and distracting to say the least.  But if I set my mind on the things of Christ and heaven, oh what glory.  FOCUS.  INTENTIONALLY.

P:  Good morning, Lord.  Oh what a blessed day.  Thank you for another week spending time focusing on your word.  Thank you for GMG putting this study together.  Thank you for all the reminders in your word.  Thank you FOR your word.  Be with each of us this day and help us to intentionally focus on things of heaven.  Things that you preside over and not the things of this earth.  Thank you for your blessings.  Yes, I am very thankful today.  Remind me when I am being a complainer later today.  :)  I love you Lord.

~Amen

Fun fact Friday:  I know this is silly but I still believe there are monsters under my bed.  They can't reach my feet if my husband is home or if the light is on.  Otherwise, I have to jump as quickly as possible into bed after I turn off the light and never let my feet dangle off the side of the bed.  Pretty crazy for a woman almost 50 years old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment