Thursday, February 6, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 3 Day 4

2 Corinthians 10:5

S:  We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God.  We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.

O:  Obstacle - Defense - Oppose - Demolish   /    Capture - Teach - Obey - Obedient

A:  This verse makes me realize how self absorbed I am.  I need to take a strong hold on my actions and emotions.  I have the tools I need.  God gives hem to me freely.  I need to learn how to use them to battle all the obstacles making me trip and fall.

P:  Oh, God, how I need your help.  Even this morning my anger and frustration got the best of me, first thing.  It's hard not knowing when to keep my mouth shut and when to speak.  Help!  Today I will spend time in thought and pray remembering and using the tools you give me to defend and capture those thoughts, words and actions that aren't from you.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment