Tuesday, February 4, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 3 Day 2

Romans 12:2

S:  Don't copy the behaviors and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

O:  Conformed=comply with rules, standards or laws. Socially acceptable.  Be similar
Transformed=changed, renewed.  Pleasing=acceptable.
Live as a foreigner.  Don't get comfortable.  Constantly seek God's help and guidance.  Listen and pay attention to what He is saying.  Respond.

A:  Fitting into this world is easy and is comfortable.  I want to live as a foreigner.  I want to strive to please God.  Not that I want to struggle or be uncomfortable, but I do by the standards of this world.  I don't want to be socially acceptable or similar by the standards of the world.  Heavens NO!!!  The darkness and struggling in this world is overwhelming.  The news is so depressing.  I need to be changed in a way that God is pleased.  If we comply with the world's standards we can't be transformed into what is good and pleasing and perfect.

P:  Father, God, please forgiving me for being comfortable in this world and it's standards.  I fall so very short of being pleasing and good.  Thank you for giving me the discernment of knowing the difference.  Help me to live as a foreigner in this world and knowing this really isn't my home.  I ask a blessing upon all these women that we would be able to show this world what they need to be transformed.  Show the world what they really need is you.  I love you and thank you for loving me first.

~Amen

Thankful Tuesday~ I started a gratitude journal at the beginning of this year.  I decided I needed to make note of the things I am thankful for and try to stop with my 'stinkin thinkin'.  So for my
thankful Tuesday, I am thankful for sticking with my gratitude journal every day so far this year.  For sticking with this bible study, for which I am greatly growing in my walk with my savior.  And also very thankful for all of you ladies.

If I could ask, I need prayer for the sale of my house.  My husband lives and works in NC all week.  It has been this way for more than a year.  Our house is on the market and needs to sell so I can move to
be with my husband.  Please pray that God's will be done in this situation. There is much more to this than I can put here, just know that it's a BIG struggle.  I don't know what His will is, but please
pray for peace and guidance.  It is so hard living apart and so hard on hubby driving down every Monday and back every Friday and trying to cram everything in that needs done on the weekend.  Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment