Thursday, February 20, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 5 Day 4

Ephesians 4:29, 31-32

S: Don't use foul or abusive language.  Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.  Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving and another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

O: foul/abusive - good/helpful   Be an encouragement.
bitterness/rage/anger/harsh words/slander/evil behavior - kind/tender hearted/forgiving - God gave us His ONLY son to cover these sins.  Should we not honor that kind of love?  OH MY!  Makes me weak to think about this.  Bring everything back to LOVE.

A:  God gave us His Son to cover these behaviors.  I try every day, some days harder than others and some days I don't even think too much about it, but one thing is for sure, I fail everyday in my flesh.  I need to remember my "wardrobe" and put all these behaviors in the dirty laundry and not wash them, but burn them.  I need to keep putting on my LOVE clothes and pushing forward to be an example of His love.

P:  Father, God.  Thank you for your Son and his blood to wash away my filth.  Keep placing me in the refining fire to burn away all these terrible behaviors so that the people I encounter everyday, friends, family and strangers alike see only the LOVE that you have given me to share.  I am not worthy to be called your child, but I am washed in your son's blood and covered in your grace and proud to say, I am yours.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment