Wednesday, February 12, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 4 Day 3

Ephesians 5:22-23, 28-29

S: 22-For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord.  23-For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church.  He is the Savior of his body, the church.

28-In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies.  For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself.  29-No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church.

O:  Submit as to the Lord.
Ought= used to indicate duty or correctness, typically when criticizing someones actions: they ought to respect the law - it ought not be allowed.  I needed to dig further into this word ought - used to indicate something that is probable; five minutes ought to be enough time.  It's origin-Old English ahte, past tense of agan 'owe'.

A:  I am struggling here this morning.  I guess you could tell.  I need to pray more and ask for guidance on this and finish/edit this post later. 

Okay so I am back to this scripture after a day of praying, thinking and talking about it.  I am struggling with something I should not be struggling with.  This is about me and submission to my husband.  Realize what God's command is here and that is 'submit to your husbands as to the Lord'.  God is not absent in this.  He doesn't disappear after his command.  He isn't an invisible God.  He is surely present. I just need to follow what He asks.  He will take care of the rest.  My husband is a good man, husband, father, provider, lover and friend.  My struggle was with the word 'ought' as I indicated in the O.  But that doesn't need to bother me.  God is in control.  I need to trust.  I battle between my head and my heart.  TRUST.  I believe this is what God is telling me right here and now.

P:  Father thank you for opening my head up to what my heart is telling me.  You clearly spoke the word TRUST to me.  Right here and now.  I know that I don't need to worry about the 'ought to'.  I will submit and trust.  Trust is not something that comes easy for me.  But you have never left me and are always faithful.  Thank you for my husband.  Thank you that he is a good man and he loves and cares for me.  Father I also ask that you be with the women in this group struggling.  Help us to always feel you near and hear your voice when you give us a clear answer.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment