Wednesday, February 26, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 6 Day 3

Psalm 127:3-5

S:  Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.  Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands.  How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!  He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.

O:  Gift/reward.  What does a warrior do with his arrow - hit the mark, go for the bulls-eye, have good aim.

A:  The reminder in the daily reading helped me today.  Children are a gift and thank God it is not up to me alone to make sure they know Him.  God has this.  Unless He builds the house, unless He protects the city......My work is useless without Him.  That does not let me off the hook, but it sure gives me hope.  I didn't start to seek Him until I was an adult.

P:  Thank you Father that your mercies are new every morning.  Thank you for your hope.  Thank you for loving me so much and giving me peace in your word today after really struggling with the scriptures yesterday and today.  I know you hold these kids in your hands.  I can keep aiming for the mark and be a good example and witness.  You will do the rest.

~Amen and amen

No comments:

Post a Comment