Thursday, February 13, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 4 Day 4

Good morning~


Titus 2:3

S:  Similarly, teach the older women to live in a way that honors God.  They must not slander or be heavy drinkers.  Instead, they should teach others what is good.

O:  Live a life that honors God.  Don't gossip and don't get drunk. Set and be a good example.

A: This week has been a difficult week for me.  Don't get me wrong, I have a very happy and fulfilling marriage.  But these scriptures struck a cord within my heart for some reason and I can't quite figure out why.  It is bringing some things to surface that I have shoved down in my being and THOUGHT I had moved on from.  Apparently God wants me to take care of these things.  And I will be obedient to Him.

Back to the focus scripture for today.... I am trying hard to live a life that honors God and I fall short in some areas and in my weak flesh, but I am trying and will continue to my best to honor Him. Gossip and slander. Those are tough, because the tongue is so evil even in the smallest way and even in a whisper it can hurt.  I need to choose my words wisely.  I don't get drunk, although I used to.  I love that God sent his Holy Spirit to guide me and give me that nudge when I am not being a good example to push me back to His ways.  This study is really helping put God's word in my heart and mind like never before.

P:  Father you are the author of my life and like any author you know the ending.  I am so glad YOU are the author of my life and not some fictional author.  You are the author of truth and knowledge and you love me and want the best for me.  I pray that I am honoring you in a way that you would be proud of me.  Thank you for being most important in my life.  Be with each of these women today and always.  Wrap your loving arms around them in all their struggles and victories.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment