Friday, February 21, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 5 Day 5

Proverbs 27:17

S:  As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.

O:  Iron=A strong, hard magnetic, silvery gray metal used for construction and manufacturing.  Figuratively used to show firmness, strength or resistance.
Sharpen=Improve or cause to improve.

A:  I love how Jen said in the blog today, "It is not common interests that solidifies a friendship, but a common Savior."  I know I have relationships built on both common interests and built on Jesus.  I know which of these relationships have a strong foundation.  It isn't that I don't love the common interest friends, because I do, very much, but the relationships built on Jesus are the ones that stand the test of time.  We hold each other accountable.  We sharpen one another.

P:  Father, thank you for the friendships I have where you are what we build our relationship on.  Help me to share you with all my friendships and love them the same.   Thank you for giving me more and more relationships built on you.  Ecclesiastes 4:12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.  Thank you Father for being the central cord in my friendships.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment