Wednesday, February 11, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 5 -Wednesday

Happy Halfway Day~

Pat it was so good to hear from you yesterday!  

Reading today Romans 12:3-8

S.O.A.P.

Inline image 1

S:  In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well.  So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you.  If your gift is serving others, serve them well.  If you are a teacher, teach well.  If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging.  If it is giving give generously.  If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously.  And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.

O:  Discover your gift(s) and use it(them) well.

A:  God has given each of us our own gifts and talents to use to serve others.  I need to recognize what it is I have to offer my 'church' and see where I can plug my gift in.  I need to reach out to see what areas need helpers and get involved.  I was very involved in my church at home for a long period of time and then got burned out and started saying no.  That was when my lack of regular participation started.  I do have gifts and talents that God has so graciously given to me.  I need not waste them.  Life is so very short.  It felt so good to be involved.  I (we) all need that in our lives.  We need to get plugged into our local churches.

P:  Father, thank you for giving me the desire to serve.  Thank you for putting Aaron in my life to help.  Thank you for giving me a direction to go and see where I can be used.   Help me seek and find where you are sending me.  In Jesus' name.  ~Amen  

(this may not make sense to you all, but God knows)  

Have a blessed day Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment