Thursday, February 5, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 4 - Thursday

Good morning~

Nothing like waking up and thinking it's Wednesday but it is really Thursday.  That was a strange feeling.  Happy Thankful Thursday.  Today I am thankful for my sister.  She got a job yesterday.  She lost her job right before Christmas and was pretty devastated.  But praise God, she starts a new position Monday.  Please keep her in your prayers (and my Mom, too).

What are you thankful for?

Inline image 2

Reading Ephesians 4:1-6

S.O.A.P.

Inline image 1

S:  Always be humble and gentle.  Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.

O:  Humble and gentle.  Because of love.

A:  Taken from You Version:  "Humility is the sober assessment and awareness of the truth of who we are with Christ and who we are without Him. Humility is not weakness, but the utter dependence on God and submission to His will in every circumstance. Humility yields gentleness. When we fearlessly recognize and assess our failings as we stray from the Lord, we become more gentle and compassionate towards others who fail us."  

I am hard on myself and others.  I tend to be a major 'eye roller'.  Praise God I am a work in progress, because of Him and being in his word more, I am becoming more forgiving and understanding.  But golly it is hard.  Especially now being in the south.  I never realized what Jeff told me until I experienced it for myself.  There is a laid back style here that is acceptable and very hard for me to learn to accept as far as a work ethic is concerned.  I am learning to be more loving, more forgiving,  more humble and gentle with others.  I like to say I do everything with love and because of love, but sometimes it is just plain hard.  I need to be more like and act more like Jesus.  He is my goal.  I need to keep my eyes focused on Him and in turn, I will love and be more patient in the areas of my life that cause me to roll my eyes.

P:  Father, I am a sinner.  I am not perfect.  I can only imagine how others roll their eyes at me.  Please let me remember that the next time I feel my eyes rolling because of what I think is someones weakness.  Give me a compassionate heart like Jesus.  Let me love and be gentle and patient in all areas of my life.  Forgive me for the times I fail you.  Thank you for loving me and forgiving me and for sending your Son to save me.  ~Amen

Simply Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment