Tuesday, February 3, 2015

LGG - Made for Community - Week 4 - Tuesday

Good morning Girls~

Reading today is 1Corinthians 12:12-27.

S.O.A.P.

1Corinthians 12:26-27

Inline image 1

S:  If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.  All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.

O:  We are in this this together.

A:  What a boring world it would be if we all had the same talents.  I need to recognize that differences are what make us all unique instead of less than adequate.  Each person has something to offer.  If we are all using the gifts given to us to honor God, then I need to accept it and not try to change it to 'my way'.  My way is not always the right way.  Thank God he knows what he is doing.  If we were all doctors or lawyers or teachers or secretaries or home makers or factory workers or painters or house builders how in the world would anything get done?  I mean imagine a world with only one of these professions and none of the others??!!  YIKES.

P:  Father, thank you for giving each of us a role.  Help us to each be the part you choose for us and let us give all the glory, honor and praise to you.  Forgive me for not recognizing our differences as a gift and being judgmental.  Shame on me.  I fall short of your expectation every single day, but you give me mercy again and again.  Let me also show that same mercy to others.  Be with me today.  Give me eyes to see and accept that each person I meet today are in life doing what they do because it is the gift you have given them.  Let us work together to do your work and be an example to others of who you are and what you can do for them.  ~Amen

Have a good day, Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment