Thursday, February 12, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 5 - Thursday

Good morning Girls~

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Inline image 1

I feel like I could sleep all day.  I am thankful for my warm bed to recharge and renew for another day to serve.  Never really thought of this before, but my bed is like a docking station.  Made me think of an old sci-fi movie.  :)

Reading 1Thessalonians 5:12-15

S.O.A.P.

Inline image 3



S:  Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord's work.  They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance.  Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work.  And live peacefully with each other.

O:  Honor and respect our leaders.

A:  I can't even imagine what a pastor must face on a daily basis.  They hear every trouble and heartache.  They hear of each loss, whether is be death, divorce, feud etc.  They are there for joys, too.  But WOW!!  they are faced with many situations from many people.  And some churches now are so very large.  What a burden and troublesome position to be in.  Even though they may love their position, it must be so very hard sometimes to hear all of what they hear.  I really need to be in fervent prayer for the church leaders more than I ever even considered before.

P:  Father, thank you for this reminder.  Thank you for our church leaders especially our pastors.  Be with each of them as they hear the burdens and joys of Your flock.  Help them.  Refresh and renew them with your power and strength as they minister.  I ask this in your Son's name.  ~Amen

Be blessed and a blessing,

No comments:

Post a Comment