Sunday, March 16, 2014

#SRT Psalm 38





A psalm of David, asking God to remember him.

What I do, God, is wait for you, wait for my Lord, my God--you will answer!
The Message

David is crying out to God in his sickness and pain because he is guilty of his sins and ashamed of how he has disappointed the Lord.  Completely overcome to the point of physical illness.

Even his family and friends turn on and away from him.  He can't even defend himself due to his shame.  He cannot even bring himself to hear or comment on what they have to say about him.

He cries out to God.  He is waiting for an answer.  Still trusting for His reply.

Praying.  Even in his weakest, lowest point.  Praying.  He confesses and repents.  Alone.  Weak.  Sick.  He begs God not to abandon him and asks for help.

I can't imagine the physical and emotional pain he must have been feeling.  Everyone had turned their back on him and he was literally dying.  Yet he was still able to trust and wait on God.

Sisters how much time have we spent waiting for the Lord in our trials?  I have had some difficult times in my life.  Times when I was angry and wondering why God wasn't answering my cries for help.  But He was always there.  Always listening.  My time is not His time.  I can only hope to have the patience David had.  Even in his misery he waited.  He prayed.  Oh I am sure there were times when he was ready to give up.  But continued to wait on the Lord.  Sisters I encourage you to wait on the Lord.  He tells us time after time in His word, He will not leave us.

Pray.
Ask for help.
He listens.
Spend time waiting.
Be still.
Remember our time is not His time.
Trust.
Have confidence.
Know He will answer.





No comments:

Post a Comment