Wednesday, March 12, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 8 Day 3

S:  Philippians 3:19-21  They are headed for destruction.  Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth.  But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.  And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.  He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.

O:  Headed for destruction.  This is not my home.  Eagerly waiting for His return.  He is powerful - EVERYTHING is under His control.

A:  I need to focus on the things of heaven and not this world.  This is so hard to do in this sinful flesh.  If I fix my eyes on Christ and remember the best is yet to come, I will be much better off than living in the wants and desires this world has to offer.  The things of the world are only temporary, but the things of heaven are eternal.

P:  Father, give me the focus I need to dwell on the things of heaven and not this earth.  I know this will be a daily, and at times minute to minute trial.  It is so easy to be swayed by the evil one.  But with you and your Holy Spirit, I am an overcomer!  I can overcome this world as long as I am focused on heaven.

~Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment