Saturday, March 1, 2014

GMG Week Six ~ Focused Questions

1.)  If your want your children to learn to love God, you need to make it a part of your everyday life.  It can't just be something they see you add on at church.  How do you help your children see God in all aspects of their lives - not just the ones that are church related?  If you are not a parent yet, how do you plan on incorporating these ideas when you are?  If your children are grown - share your wisdom with us!

This is a tough one for me.  I wish I had taken every opportunity to raise my children in God's word, but didn't.  Mind you we weren't heathens and did try to raise them teaching them good moral values and how to be upright citizens.  While they have grown into fine adults, I am sorry to have failed them and God in bringing them up in a home not driven by God's word.  Now, moving forward, I believe I set a good example.  My daughter sees me daily in God's word.  I show them the love of the Lord and witness to them as often as possible.  I will continue to pray for them and their families.  In addition to my own children, I can also set an example for others, children and adults by showing them the love God has given me to share.

2.) Compare Psalm 127:3 and 1 Samuel 1:27.  Have you dedicated your children over to the Lord or do you hold them in your own hand?  Will you let go of the tight grip and allow God to use them mightily for Him?  What prayers are you praying over your children this year?  If you don't have children, are you praying over the future ones you might have, or those you may influence?

As a mother, especially, it is hard to not want to take care of everything for your children.  I have learned through the years, they are His.  He gave them to me as a treasured gift.  I must trust Him to care for them and protect them.  And I do.  He is the mighty God and will continue to hold all His children in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment