Saturday, March 8, 2014

GMG Week Seven ~ Focused Questions

1.)  We end the way we begin, ministry starts in our homes.  All other ministry, to the community or the church, must go through the ministry that goes on in our homes.  Are you building your home brick by brick, founded on the truths of God, or are you tearing it down, piece by piece, leaving it in shambles?

I would hope I am building my home up brick by brick, however, I realize I am human and in my flesh, I sin and am not perfect.  There are times when I tear it down and am not the wife and mother I should/could be.  I am thankful for grace and forgiveness and redemption.  God forgives me and reminds me daily through his word and his holy spirit that I can do better.  I am a work in progress and will continue to seek his guidance and instruction for building up my home.

2.)  Compare 1Peter 4:1-11 to 1Corinthians 12:12-27.  We are all important in the body of Christ!  Each member has a unique gifting and talent and God placed us in our churches, families, and circles of influence for a reason, to use our gifts!  What gifts do you have?  Are you currently using them?   If so, share how and if not, share what you think they might be and how you feel God leading you to use them.

I am still trying to figure out all of my gifts.  God has blessed me abundantly.  I do believe I have a special gift of caring.  I love to help people and give to people.  I also feel a power in my hands and I am exploring what that gift may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment