Sunday, March 16, 2014

GMG Week Eight ~ Focused Questions

1.)  Often we like to separate our physical health from our spiritual health.  This verse clearly states that we are to cleanse ourselves from all filthiness and of the flesh AND spirit.  Are you willing to put aside anything, including unhealthy habits in order to walk closer to the Lord?

I am.  However, I must remember I am a sinner and will make mistakes.  I need to also remember I am forgiven and need to ask for forgiveness.  As long as I am not repeating the same sins over and over and fearing the Lord, I can accept His forgiveness and move forward.  I need to be mindful of making healthy habits and keeping them part of my life.  That means in my spiritual and physical health.  I also need to be sure I am not too hard on myself for not being perfect.

2.)  Compare 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Luke 14:28 and Romans 12:1-2.  There is a cost when we set out to build something for the Lords.  Are your willing to count the cost that it will take to make your body the temple that God wants it to be - a living sacrifice daily to Him?  What are some ways that you are going to be intentional about this?


Yes, I am.  Like I said earlier, I am going to make mistakes, however, I think I am on the right track.  I am trying very hard to be a good steward of this body.  Most importantly by starting every day in His word and finding direction for my life.  Also by making better choices of what I put in my body and by exercising regularly.  I am feeling better in my heart mind and body.  I am human and will stumble but have faith and trust in God my savior to pick me back up, forgive me and point me in the right direction again.

No comments:

Post a Comment