Friday, March 7, 2014

#SRT Lenten Friday Blog ~ Psalms 130


I have been S.O.A.P.ing for a few months and it has been working for me.  Helping me to keep God's word on my heart and mind.  So that is how I am going to start this new assignment.  I am so looking forward to this.  I love She Reads Truth and it's community.  It was my very first online bible study.  I have gained and grown so much since I first found it.  So here goes my S.O.A.P. in the Friday Lenten Community Writer's.



Scripture:

Psalms 130
A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem.

1 From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help.
2 Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer.
3 Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,who, O Lord, could ever survive?
4 But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.
5 I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
6 I Long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.
7 O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is unfailing love.  His redemption overflows.
8 He himself will redeem Israel from every kind of sin.

Observation:
  • A desperate cry for help.  From the depths of despair.
  • Realize no one could survive on our own.  God offers forgiveness and redemption.
  • Count on the Lord and put my hope in Him.  Long for Him.
  • Unfailing love. 
  • Redemption overflows.
  • Redemption from EVERY KIND of sin.
  • A sentry is a soldier who stood watch on a long tiring night waiting for dawn.
Application:  After reading this Psalm I had to look up the definition of Sentry.  I can't imagine how long the nights must have been for them.  Watching and waiting for the dawn.  Longing for the dawn is what this scripture says.  Isn't that what life is like some times.  Watching and waiting for what is to come.  My husband works on the road and we are trying to sell our home so we can relocate.  At times I am so anxious for this to happen.  But I know God has a plan.  I know he He hears my desperate cry for help.  I am so very thankful for his forgiveness in my being so impatient.  Thankful that I am redeemed by His grace.  I am counting on Him and know his love is unfailing.  So I will continue to put my hope in Him in all I am waiting for.  

Prayer:  Father, thank you for hearing my cries for your help and guidance and thank you for forgiving me of my impatience for not trusting your timing.  I know I can count on you and that you love me unconditionally.  Be with me in my waiting for your direction.  I ask in Jesus name.

~Amen


1 comment:

  1. Darla, so lovely to "meet you" through the SRT linkup! I am a big fan of the SOAP method of study as well. I so am thankful that His redemption overflows. :)

    ReplyDelete