Tuesday, March 4, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 7 Day 2

Proverbs 31:27

S:  She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness.

O: Carefully watches.  Pay attention.
Laziness. Idleness=Without effect, pointless

A:  This troubles me.  I think I mentioned a while back, that I have a lot of time on my hands.  I waste time.  While I keep my household in pretty good shape, (I have a bit of OCD) I could be doing so much more to further God's kingdom.  I know in my heart I have had quite a few struggles with this study.  Some days are better than others, but for the most part, I feel I am really being stretched.  Taken out of my comfort zone.  I am thankful for this because it means I am growing.  I need to watch carefully everything.  My household is not this building I live in, however, it is this BODY I live in.  My household goes much farther than this building.  The building is a place where I can share my hospitality but I can also show my hospitality everywhere I go in this body.  Reach out to others in a way they need.  We all have something to offer.

'Christ in the cup of water we hand to the thirsty stranger.  Christ in the sitting quietly on the sofa of a lonely neighbor.  Christ in our arms and hands as we life the burden of a weary friend.' Taken from #SRT, Amanda, today's devotion, 'it is a merciful fragrance'

She Reads Truth, Day 9


P:  Father, you know the depths of my heart and you know that on days, I have felt way off base with the other ladies in this group.  Thank you for your urging and giving me what YOU would have ME get from your word.  Thank you for giving me the desire to dig way deeper than I ever have into your word.  Thank you for loving me and giving my FREELY your gift of forgiveness and grace.

~Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment