Sunday, March 9, 2014

#SRT Matthew 4:4


"It takes more than bread to stay alive.  It takes a steady stream of words from God's mouth."
The Message

This scripture really hits my heart.  I love how The Message says 'A steady stream of words from God's mouth.'
I envision a stream especially with the thawing of winter and how it rushes forth with water.  God's word is rushing forward into my heart and mind and feeding my soul.  This is what keeps me alive.   

This year I have been spending my early morning hours studying and learning God's word.  I have also been on a quest of learning to eat healthier and making better  food choices.  This scripture is plain and direct.  Showing exactly what is important to sustain life.  While we need food for our physical bodies, we need God's word to sustain our spiritual self.  I am learning these both go hand in hand. 

God provides physical food to nourish our bodies.  We need to care for ourselves in a way that we are healthy and able to be about His work.  His business.  Our bodies are His temple.  We were created through Him and in Him.  As I age, I am realizing I have not been a good steward of this body He has given me.  I have aches and pains and extra weight that are a direct result of not caring for this temple.  It is my choice to go forward and care for myself.  I am making better choices but need to do better.  God never lets  me down.  I need not let Him down.  I love that He has placed the desire in my heart to start each day with Him and in His word to teach me what to do and how to do it.  His word truly is a lamp unto my feet.

Father, God,  Papa, you are so giving and kind.  Your unfailing love and redemption are what keep me going forward. I would be dead in my sins without them.  Thank you for your word.  Thank you for your guidance.  Thank you for your love, unconditional.  Push me forward.  Help me to be your witness.  I know I need to care for this temple you have given me.   Help me strive to be better for You and furthering your kingdom.  

~Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment