Tuesday, March 11, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 8 Day 2

S:  1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God?  You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price.  So you must honor God with your body.

O: My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.  It was given to me to house the Holy Spirit.  I was bought with a high price.  No longer mine, it was purchased.  When something is bought it belongs to the owner.  I need to honor God with my body.

A:  These truths are so wonderful.  What a blessing it is to learn and grow into what He wants for my life.  I love how the Amp version says we are the very sanctuary of the Holy Spirit.  How can I not want to honor God with my body when I am indwelled by the Holy Spirit?  Does He not deserve my very best?  Whoa!  If this isn't enough to make me want to serve Him better, I am not sure what more conviction is needed.

P:  Father, thank you for choosing me to be indwelling your Holy Spirit.  May I be ever so mindful to honor you in not only my actions but in caring for this amazing temple you have made.  Thank you for knitting me so perfectly together to become what you would have me to be.  I know I am a work in progress even at my age.  I know you are working on me for a greater good.  Even if it is to touch one single person to further your kingdom, I am ready.  Please use me.

~Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment