Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 8 - Day 3

Reading Esther 9:1-10

S:  Psalms 71:13  Bring disgrace and destruction on my accusers. Humiliate and shame those who want to harm me. 

O:  God has my back and is by my side. 

A:  I've been thinking about what it means to stand up for what I believe based on what God says. I tend to blend into the crowd, not wanting to draw attention to myself. It's this washy washy attitude that will get me in trouble. That's not standing up for God and witnessing for him. It's not right to sit by and watch all the world changing their values and thinking God is okay with it. If it doesn't go along with what the bible says, it's wrong. While I believe we should live in harmony it's not okay to accept what the world is saying is acceptable. Sisters what I'm saying is, in my opinion, God will stand by our side, just like he did with Esther and her people as long as we are standing for Him. It's okay to stand up for our beliefs. God has our back. Being complacent is a sin. 

P:  Father thank you for being by my side, always. Please forgive me for being complacent. Forgive me for standing by and not speaking up on issues that I know blatantly are against what you say in your word. Forgive me for being accepting and tolerant with issues I know are against you will. Give me a love for you so strong that I will stand up for you and your word. I know you will bless me. Like Amy said yesterday, it may not be easy and even unto death, you have my back. If I would die defending you and your word, I know you have prepared a home for me in eternity. ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment