Thursday, October 2, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 5 - Day 4

Reading Esther 5:9-11

S:  Proverbs 16:5 The Lord detests the proud; they will surely be punished. 

O:  Pride=Punished

A:  It's hard to not fall into the traps of the world. The world is so stuck on pride. 'What great accomplishments have you done? Where have you traveled? How big is your home/car/boat/stuff? How much money do you make?' etc etc etc..... I want people to know I am a Christian by the way I conduct myself. How I speak. How I walk. How I live my life. I don't want them to even question Whom I choose to serve. But I know I fail at this daily because I live in this world. I am grateful for being redeemed and loved by a King who knows my heart and accepts my repentance. 

P:  Father I am sorry to fail you. I am sorry I fall into the traps of this world. I ask forgiveness for being prideful in my accomplishments. You know I love you and you have given so graciously, your son, to set me free. Let me be a light in this dark world. Help me to walk in pride of being your child and prideful of nothing more. I love you. ~Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment