Thursday, October 9, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 6 - Day 4

Reading Esther 6:10-11

S:  Proverbs 25:6-7 Don't demand an audience with the King, or push for a place among the great. It's better to wait for an invitation to the head table than to be sent away in public disgrace. Just because you've seen something, (8 don't be in a hurry to go to court. For what will you do in the end if your neighbor deals you a shameful defeat?)

O:  Wait for an invitation. 

A:  I needed to read a little further. I don't like to end on a comma. I need the whole thought. It's interesting. This says a lot about ones character. Running ahead of the line. Speaking ahead. Drawing attention to oneself. I need to be careful. While I am one to not speak up first, I do like to chime in and make my statement. Or if something isn't being done to my liking or fast enough or not as good as 'I WOULD DO IT'.  Yikes!!  That's me and that's pride. I need to wait. Listen. And speak or do when I am called to what God wants me to do. I don't always need to be putting in my two cents. 

P:  Father I come before you this morning asking you to help me hear your voice when you are telling me to 'Go' and when you are telling me to be silent.  Help me to do what I do to bring out my best self in You. I want to be your hands and feet. I don't need to preach, just be an example for you and to further your kingdom. ~Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment