Monday, October 13, 2014

Love God Greatly ~ Esther Study - Week 7 - Day 1

Reading Esther 7:1

S: Philippians 4:6 Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

O: Don't worry. Just pray. Be thankful. 

A: I have a feeling some chains are going to break this week. I can feel it in my bones. If you look up worry in the dictionary, how many of us would have our picture there for all the world to see?  Mine would be there. It's like being called out. Oh yea you are a Christian but how much do you really trust your God?  You question and worry about everything. Look at your bitten fingernails!  Look at the creases of wrinkles on your face from worry. Yep. That's me. I worry about everything. Lately, though God and I, through study, prayer and fellowship, we have been deciding what I should and shouldn't claim. I will not claim and illness or ailing body part. For example I will not say "this cough and cold of MINE". Or "MY bad knee". Instead I will say "this is a bad cough and cold" or "this bad knee". It may seem silly by only changing the way I say something but this is how He is working on me. I'm not claiming the bad stuff as MINE.  However, I will claim something I believe he is giving to me like "I know this house will be mine" or "this position I applied for is mine". It's having faith and trust in God. Claiming what I believe he is doing for me. All of that to say, I should not worry about things. God has my best interest in mind ultimately to bring glory and honor to him. I also need to say if the things I claim to be or not to be don't turn out the way I have claimed, I still need to be thankful in all things because he is working them out for my good. He knows best. Yes Father knows best!  I only need to tell him and he will work out all the details. Whether I think they are good or not is none of my business. I don't see the entire picture. I may not know the answer here while I am living in this world, but remember that puzzle he is putting together for me?  When I get to heaven, because it am claiming heaven as MY HOME, I will see the completed puzzle. All the pieces in place making a perfect picture and understanding of all the whys and why nots in place and a very clear understanding of my life as a whole and not just a piece. Oh what a day. I'm so blessed to have Him standing at the end of my life waiting for me to run into his arms and say child, see, this was my plan for you all along. 

P: Father you are amazing! I praise you and thank you. You have been working on me with these verses for many many years. I have them listed as favorites on just about everything. You know I am a worrier. But you are almighty and sovereign. You have lead me to this study not by accident. You knew these chains needed breaking and not just my chains, Lord, but the chains of the other women in this group. Father I am claiming it, and if it be your will, you will break these chains and make us victorious over the bondage of the enormous sin of worry. Take even the smallest part of our lives that we have not given over to you and make us victorious to bring honor and glory to you Lord that we may be witnesses for you and how you can change our lives.  Thank you for what you will do this week. Thank you for taking this sin and crushing it. I ask this in Jesus Christ's precious name. ~Amen 

Please pray for Alex. He is a 12 year old boy born with a heart defect and has had many surgeries over the years. He is heading to surgery again tomorrow. Pray for comfort while his family and friends wait and for the team who will care for him and that he will be completely healed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment