Thursday, July 17, 2014

GMG ~ You are Loved Study - Week 7 - Day 4

Good morning Girls~

Praise Jesus!  Out house is sold. Thank you for the prayers. He is putting the pieces in place. All in His precious timing. He knows what is best. I have been turned down for the one position I applied for. Still waiting for news on the other.  I am trying very hard to trust in Him. 

S:  John 15:12-13 This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. 

O:  Greatest commandment: love in the way I love.

A:  This is quite a task. This study so far has been about how much He loves us. Now the tables have turned a bit for us to share that love He has so graciously poured out on us. This week I have been finding myself really working on that love for others. It's hard. I work in the medical field and come in contact with all kinds of people. People in pain. People who are dirty. People who are old and mean. People who smell. (Just being honest here) It can be hard to love these people. But who am I to pick and chose whom to show love and compassion. God loves even me. I've been in pain,dirty, old and mean and downright smelly!  He loves me anyway. I need to continue to work really hard on this. I can do better and need His help every moment. 

P:  Father God, help me today to show your love. Help me to be compassionate. Help me look beyond the physical and emotional pain on the faces I come in contact with throughout each day. Let them see You in me.  Forgive me for the times I have not given that love and compassion to those people and made snide remarks about them or rolled my eyes. I love you and want to be a good witness for your kingdom. ~Amen

~Darla

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And leave the rest to God.Good morning 

No comments:

Post a Comment