Monday, July 28, 2014

GMG ~ Interim Study - Ecclesiastes 1:1-18

Reading Ecclesiastes 1:1-18 

S: Ecclesiastes 1:4-8 Generations come and generations go, but the earth never changes. The sun rises and the sun sets, then hurries around to rise again. The wind blows south, and then turns north. Around and around it goes, blowing in circles. Rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full. Then the water returns again to the rivers and flows out again to the sea. Everything is wearisome beyond description. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content. 

O:  Never changes. Never satisfied. Not content. 

A:  I never studied this book before and I'm excited to see what He has to show me. Already these verses strike a cord with this season if my life. As I was praying for what he wanted to show me today I realized there is nothing in this world that will every satify my soul as much as my desire to learn more from his word and what he wants from my life while I am here. Not the love of my parents, husband, children, friends or pets. Not the house or car of my dreams. Not a fulfilling job. No material thing. NOthing will ever be enough. This world cannot fill the void. There is only one savior that can fill me up and that is Jesus. 

P:  Father as we begin this new study in your word and this new group of women, I pray you will open our hearts and minds to what you would have each of us hear. Let us share what you put on our hearts without hesitation so we can learn and grow with each other. Thank you for your word this morning and guiding me right where you would have me. Please give me the nudging throughout today and each day that this world is not my home. Give me the desire to follow you. Give me the heart to love others and show them there is an eternity with you in heaven and no matter what this world puts in our way, there is something so much better; something we can't even imagine with you in eternity. ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment