Monday, July 7, 2014

GMG ~ You are Loved Study - Week 6 - Day 1

S:  Romans 8:16-17 For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children.  And since we are his children, we are his heirs.  In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory.  But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.

O:  Joined.  Affirm.  God's children.  Heirs.  Together.  God's glory.  Suffering.

A:  After losing my sister, I questioned and still question why.  God affirms time and time again that we grow stronger in our suffering and I know that my suffering is nothing compared to His.  I love his reassurance that I am his heir.  I am his child.  And knowing I can share in his glory even through my suffering is sufficient for me even though it leaves me asking why and is painful, he is still my God.

P:  Father, I am grateful to be called your child and heir.  I am thankful for all you do for me and even in my questioning why, what good comes from this suffering, I know you hold me in your arms and love me anyway.  Forgive me in my questioning your divine plan.  I know you will reveal it all to me when I am called home.  ~Amen

I am behind and still need to catch up on the emails from last week.  Please forgive me for missing.  After my interview, (which went very well, thank you for all your prayers.  I felt the peace that passes all understanding) I ended up with shingles on my face and in my eyes.  It was very unpleasant.  Praise God I am feeling better. 

Please pray for a friend of mine who has just moved out of state with two children, one with autism.  Her husband took a new teaching/coaching position.  She as well is a teacher and is starting a new position today.  Please pray for a smooth transition for all of them especially her son with autism.  Bless you ladies.  I have missed my time with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment