Monday, July 14, 2014

GMG ~ You are Loved Study - Week 7 - Day 1

Good morning Girls~

Hard to believe how quickly the weeks are flying by. This is a busy and exciting week for us.  Today is filled with so many things. We need to address the house inspections on our new home.  An offer is expected today on our current house.  I find out if I got the position in NC.  And we lay to rest our dear friend's father today.  Please pray for them and also travel safety for my hubby as he heads back to NC after the funeral.

S: 1John 4:19-21 We love each other because he loved us first. If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a fellow believer, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?  And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their fellow believers.
 
O: Love - Period
 
A:  I fail miserably at this. It's not as though I don't try, but there are parts of my life that I just don't love like I should. I'm critical and cynical. I judge. I roll my eyes. I need to remember who I am in Christ all the time. I need to show love and forgiveness as I have been shown love and forgiveness. Verses that remind me of my downfalls tend to make me hard on myself and beat myself up. While I will strive to be more like Jesus with this reminder, I will not beat myself up. I will move on. I will love and forgive. 
 
P:  Father, God please forgive me for being negative and judgemental.  Help me to be more like you in all situations. Help me to love and forgive even the worst enemy. Show me ways to love that I didn't even know I could. I'm so sorry for letting you down. I want to be your obedient child. Stop me dead in my tracks when I am rolling my eyes.  Make me realize this and stop, show love and forgiveness as you have shown me.  Sometimes I need you to smack me in the forehead to show me my short-comings.~Amen
 
I hope you all had a blessed weekend and are refreshed for a new week to show God's love.  Amy, I will continue to lift you in prayer as I do all of you lovely ladies.  I am so blessed to be part of your lives.  I am thankful for each one. Thank you for all of your prayers.  I have felt them covering me.
 
Be blessed and a blessing, 

No comments:

Post a Comment