Wednesday, July 30, 2014

GMG~ Interim Study - Ecclesiastes

Reading Ecclesiastes 2:29-26

S:  Ecclesiastes 2:25 For who can eat or enjoy anything apart from him? 

O:  Who can enjoy anything apart from him?

A:  This makes me think of all the times I've said the old saying 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer'. What a terrible thought in light of this passage. The rich may get richer and enjoy the things they have, but apart from Christ they have nothing. Even in poverty and strife, with Christ you are rich. It's not the things of this world that make us rich. It's our storehouse in heaven that makes us rich. It's the crowns we are gathering to throw at His feet. 

P:  Father forgive me for worshiping idols of this world. My sinful nature attracts me to those things. Give me the desire to do your work only to bring honor and glory to you and to give all the credit to you. ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment