Thursday, June 12, 2014

GMG ~ You are Loved Study - Week 2 - Day 4

Good morning Girls~

This was a really tough verse for me to digest.  I enjoyed digging deep to find the meaning He had for me today.  I looked at several versions and different commentaries to help me hear how he was speaking to me today.  I am looking forward to hearing what He has put on each of your hearts today.

S:  1 John 5:20  And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.

O:  He has come.  He has given so we may know the only true God.  Eternal life.

A:  This was a tough one for me.  I really had to dig a bit.  The Asbury Bible Commentary shows a key word in the verse is 'KNOW' which God did point out to me in my observation.  He has also laid on my heart that to KNOW can have several meanings.  We can have head KNOWledge and be book smart.  We can also have heart KNOWledge and be spiritual smart.  I like to think of being spiritually smart being when we feel the holy spirit tugging at us knowing what is right and what is wrong.  Living in this world, my flesh tells me to do one thing but the spirit tells me the other.  My flesh sometimes wins.  But what a wonderful feeling it is to KNOW we have the Holy Spirit to guide us.  We KNOW that Jesus came to give us understanding of who the true God is and knowing Him we can live WITH Him and after this life we can enjoy eternal life with Him.  If we choose to live as part of this world and not KNOW God, well then we can suffer, truly suffer and belong to the Evil One.  Eternity is a long time.

P:  Precious Savior, thank you for coming.  Thank you for giving us your Book of Knowledge so we can know about You, the one true God.  Thank you for delivering us from the evil one.  I am not worthy but you took on all my sins and all the sins of this world that we may know the Father and have eternal life.  I praise you for all the joys and trials of this life and that you use each of my situations to make me stronger for your kingdom.  Pour out your wisdom on each of us this day so we may know you better and live with you forever in eternity.  ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment