Monday, June 9, 2014

GMG ~ You are Loved Study - Week 2 - Day 1

S:  Ephesians 1:17-19  asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.  I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called - his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.  I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him.

O:  Spiritual wisdom and insight to grow in knowledge of God.  Hearts flooded.  His rich and glorious inheritance.  Incredible greatness.  Mighty power.

A:  I need to realize that God is openly giving me all that I need to overcome this life, to gain an inheritance in heaven.  I rarely take what he has given me and use it to the fullest.  I think about heaven and eternal life and want it, but I wonder if I want it bad enough to give up the riches of this life?  This life holds nothing in comparison to what heaven has.  He wants my heart to be flooded with LIGHT so I can understand what he reveals to me and be confident of my call to be HIS.  Whoa! Just whoa.

P:  Father, I need to be in your word, hunger and thirst for it as if it is the only food and drink available to me.  Give me that desire for your ways and your truth.  Forgive me for not taking your word and digesting it so that it becomes part of me.  I want to be confident that I will able to join in your rich and glorious inheritance. ~Amen

I have two prayer requests the first is for Bill he is our neighbor's father and is in ICU and not doing well.  The second is for my 80 year old uncle who witnessed a motorcycle accident this weekend and held the driver in his arms as he died.  He is having a very difficult time with this. 

Thank you sweet Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment