Wednesday, June 11, 2014

GMG ~ You are Loved Study - Week 2 - Day 3

Good Morning Girls~
 
It's a dreary morning here but how refreshing it is to start our day in His word, hearing what it is he wants us to hear today.

S:  Jeremiah 24:7  I will give them hearts that recognize me as the Lord.  They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly.
 
O:  I will.  They will.  I will.  They will.
 
A:  God is a constant.  He is always giving.  Always brings us back to him.  If left on my own, I would be lost.  I love how in each parallel the verse says over three times, 'I will, they will'.  Point driven home.  He is in control and always to brings us back to Him.  We are His people as long as we recognize Him as Lord.
 
P:  Father, your mercy is astounding.  I am so unworthy of the love you have shown to me, but you continue to bring me back and show me that I am yours.  Forgive me for straying from you.  Thank you for bringing me back, like a lost sheep, time and time again.  ~Amen 
 
In a devotion I read 'Jesus Calling' today's devotion is a wonderful addition to today's reading:  Romans 8:6 The mind of a sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.  We are not to be upset about our weaknesses because He is constantly using those moments to make us stronger and draw us closer to Him. Ask Him to control your mind; He will bless you with Life and Peace.  Thank you Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment