Friday, April 18, 2014

GMG ~ Why Easter Matters ~Why the Resurrection Matters Week 3 Day 5

S:  Luke 24:45-48 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.  And he said, "Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day.  It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: 'There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.' You are witnesses of all these things.

O:  Opened their minds to understand.  It was written.  All nations.  There is forgiveness for all who repent.  Witnesses.

A:  For a long time I would read scripture and not get it.  I have friends that say how God speaks to them through their readings.  I couldn't understand why I didn't hear his voice.  When I started to ask God to reveal his word to me, a whole new understanding came to me.  With this knowledge, I am a better witness for his kingdom.  I am far from being a perfect witness, but I know he has equipped me with the tools I need.  I need to continue to pray for his guidance and understanding to go about his work.  Afterall, I am here for His purpose first and foremost.

P:  Father, thank you for your written word.  Written for ALL nations.  Thank your for your forgiveness through death on a cross, taking away the sins of the world.  I am not worthy, but accept the salvation so freely given.  I come before you broken, a sinner, repenting of my sinfulness.  Help me to begin each day anew to go about your work, to further your kingdom.  Even if I touch just one, it is worth it.  Help me see the opportunities you set before me.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment