Thursday, April 24, 2014

GMG ~ Why Easter Matters ~ Why My Response Matters Week 4, Day 4

S:  Romans 3:21-24 But in our time something new has been added.  What Moses and the prophets witnessed to all those years has happened.  The God-setting-things-right that we read about has become Jesus-setting-things-right for us.  And not only for us, but for everyone who believes in him.  For there is no difference between us and them in this.  Since we've compiled this long and sorry record as sinners, (both us and them) and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the glorious lives God wills for us, God did it for us.  Out of sheer generosity he puts us in right standing with himself.  A pure gift.  He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be.  And he did it by means of Jesus Christ.  ~The Message

O:  FAITH is my response.

A:  I don't typically use The Message for my scripture, however I do refer to it when studying.  I like to look at a few versions.  Today this passage struck me.  This week is about why my response matters.  My response to this is my FAITH.  Without out it, I could choose not to believe in what God has done for me.  He sent Jesus as a PURE GIFT.  He set things right for me so I can be restored to what God wants of me.  Thank God!  I am a mess but with Jesus I am made right with God.

P:  Father,  I know I am a mess.  I know I fall short of your glory each and every day.  You freely gave your Son up as a PURE sacrifice for my sin to make me what you always wanted.  Forgive me.  I am humbled by this gift.  As my birthday approaches, I realize that no earthly gift has ever been or will ever be as generous a gift as yours to me.  JESUS.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment