Sunday, April 6, 2014

GMG ~ Why Easter Matters ~ Why the Crucifixion Matters Week 2 Day 1

S:  Isaiah 53:4-6  Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down.  And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins!  But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.  He was beaten so we could be whole.  He was whipped so we could be healed.  All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.  We have left God's paths to follow our own.  Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.

O:  Our weaknesses.  Our sorrows. Our rebellion. Our sins. Be whole. Be healed. 

A:  I cannot even comprehend the pain and suffering he endured for my sins. But He knew and took up that cross anyway. 

P:  Father, I am not worthy. I am weak and a rebel.  Thank you for making me whole. Thank you for healing me. Keep me on the right path. I'm tired of straying.  

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment