Wednesday, April 9, 2014

GMG ~ Why Easter Matters ~ Why the Crucifixion Matters Week 2 Day 3

S:  Then Jesus uttered another loud cry and breathed his last.  And the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom.  When the Roman officer who stood facing him saw how he had died, he exclaimed, "This man truly was the Son of God!"

O:  Torn from top to bottom.  This man truly was the SON of God!

A:  I remember the first time this passage struck my heart.  I had read it many times before but I never really meditated on it.  I actually could hear that curtain tearing and falling with a big WHOOSH to the ground.  Can you hear it?  Can you hear God's heart breaking?  Can you hear his huge sigh of anguish?  He sent His only Son to die, on a cross who was completely blameless for you and for me.  He made it possible for us to come to him and bare our burdens.  Even in our filth, He loved us.  I am amazed at His love and the way He has given us every avenue directly to Him.  I am beyond ashamed of myself.

P:  Father, your precious, spotless Son, was sent to save me from my wretchedness.  Forgive me.  I am not worthy, yet you constantly remind me that you love me anyway, EXACTLY how I am.  Help me to realize I am what you wanted me to be.  Help me to be a better version of myself to serve you in the way you made me.  That curtain, torn from top to bottom is a huge reminder of showing me I can come directly to you with anything, because you know even before I come.  You just ask that I come.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment