Thursday, April 10, 2014

GMG ~ Why Easter Matters ~ Why the Crucifixion Matters Week 2 Day 4

S:  Colossians 1:21-22  This includes you who were once far away from God.  You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions.  Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body.  As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.

O:  Me the enemy, separated from Him by my evil thoughts and actions.  Jesus my rescuer has reconciled me through his death on a cross.  I am now holy, blameless and without a single fault.

A:  This is hard for me.  This week has been hard.  I don't feel holy or blameless or without fault.  Jesus came as a sacrifice, my sacrifice.  He truly is Holy, Blameless and Without a Single Fault.  He took my place.  I am unworthy yet forgiven.  He set me free.  This morning I was reminded of Romans 8:38-39. My sins, my faults are what nailed him to the cross, but his love was enough to save me.

P:  God, I can't even begin to understand why you love me.  I can't begin to understand why you sent your Son in my place.  I am wretched.  I am unworthy.  But I am not unforgiven.  I accept your gift of salvation.  Help me to understand and appreciate what you have freely given to me.  Let me not be so flippant and go about my way without fully feeling your love and forgiveness and not take these things for granted.

~Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment