Thursday, April 3, 2014

GMG ~ Why Easter Matters ~ Why the Last Supper Matters Week 1 Day 4

S:  Luke 22:19-20 He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it.  Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "This IS my body, which is given for you.  DO THIS to remember me".
After supper he took another cup of wine and said, "This cup is the new covenant between God and his people - an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you".  (emphasis my own)

O:  Broke the bread.  Given for you.  Remember me - An awareness, call to mind.  Another cup.  New covenant - agreement.  Confirmed with his blood.  Poured out.  Sacrifice for you.
Sacrifice~An act of giving up something valued for the sake of something regarded as more important or worthy.

A:  I need to remember to give thanks.
      I need to remember communion represents HIS body and blood, broken and shed for me.
      I need to remember He did this for me.
      I need to remember He sacrificed HIS life for mine.

P:  Father I am in tears at this time of remembrance.  Realizing again what you have done for me, an undeserving sinner.  You came to pour out your life for mine.  To cleanse me.  To free me.  Forgive me for not giving thanks in all things.  You have sacrificed everything.  Taken a cross to die for me.  Oh, Father, oh Father.  My heart aches in knowing what you came to do and that you have conquered death.  Keep this covenant in the forefront of my mind not just during this Easter season, but keep me ever mindful of the sacrifice you made for your people.  I am humbled.

~Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment